As we face growing concerns regarding how coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts our families and our communities, we at Southern States want to assure you that the safety of our customers and our employees is our primary concern.
We know you depend on us and we take that responsibility very seriously. Like you, we have been monitoring the situation closely and responding to rapidly changing conditions.
We are carefully reviewing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local and state health departments to do our best to protect our customers and employees. Following current guidance, there are a number of preventive measures we have put in place.
We are continuing to offer a full line of repair services & installations based on the capabilities of each location. Many of these services require us to enter people’s homes, farming operations and businesses, so we have added a few extra precautionary measures as follows:
- Asking employees to wear masks & gloves when entering homes, touching appliances and other equipment & interacting face to face with customers
- Attempting to maintain 6’ ft. distancing from home and business owners
- Asking employees to stay home if they are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces of appliances, tanks and fuel system components that we have touched or come in close contact with during the repair and installation process
- No touch verbal verification of documentation for services rendered vs. obtaining actual customer signatures
- No touch payment options for services rendered
- No face to face interaction requirement for service and installation site visit quote process
This situation continues to evolve and we will monitor it closely. It is our intention that our stores remain open to serve our members and our community during this busy spring season. However, with the rapidly evolving situation, things are changing quickly. You can find contact information for your nearest store on southernstates.com.
We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you through this challenging time.
Jeff Stroburg, President & CEO